My sons and I (ages 7 and 4) stayed at the Days Inn in Portage, IN on Feb.15 and 16th.

At 3:30 AM, my 7 year old got sick and threw up all over the bed sheets. When I called down to the front desk to ask for clean sheets, I was told that there were no clean sheets. They told me that they did not keep clean sheets after hours. I was given 4 towels to cover up the matress.

I put the towels underneath my sons, so they would not have to sleep on the nasty matress that god only knows how many people had slept on before us.

I was highly upset at this point because I did not get to go back to bed.

There was no way I was going to sleep on a matress without sheets.

Had an Experience with Days Inn?

Comments

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #212632

So instead of yu sleeping on the dirty matress you let your sons sleep on it.You made your son's sleep on a bed without sheets what a "good" parent you are.

DDg may not have children but she would sure make a better parent than the person postingthis letter. Also ddg does not know how to read.

It is not that they did not want to get sheets for her it is that they had none.If she really were a loving parent she would have put the towels on her bed and had them sleep there.

Apparently Nausea doesn't have any children.I agree with ddg.

When a child is sick, they will vomit right then and there and if they warn you that they are about to vomit; they are already in the process.

Been there!I can understand maid service not being available at that time but giving you a new set of linens shouldn't have been a problem.

Requesting clean sheets is hardly requesting over-the-top service. All it would have taken was for the lazy hotel clerk to get a set of clean ones and take them to the room. And Nausea obviously doesn't have children - when a kid has to vomit, they vomit, regardless of where they are.

Don't children throw up in the bathroom any more?Did you seriously think that a tiny hotel in the middle of nowhere would have the staff and or facilities to change bed linens at 3:30 in the morning?

Why is it that people check into these dumpy little roadside stayovers and expect service on par with the Waldorf?:upset