We had reservations for a 2 Queen Non Smoking room at Days Inn in Bend Or for July 22nd for 2 nights. We drove with our small children all day and arrived at 9pm to check into our room.

Upon entering the room, it was obvious it had been smoked in. My wife, our kids, all of us smelled it. I went to the front desk to ask for another room because of the smell. She apologized and said there are no other rooms.

But told us she wouldn't charge us for this night and to come back to the desk in the morning to talk to the manager. My wife could not tolerate the smell and began to call around for other hotels....the town was full, no rooms were found anywhere. She decides to sleep in the car. The kids and I wake up smelling of ashtray.

I go to the front desk to talk to the manager. He says there's a room that no one checked into last night (that would have been nice to have known last night!!) and we can go look to see if its acceptable. While it didn't smell of smoke, it was completely trashed, dirty, and really at this point, was the last straw. I told the manager thanks but no thanks.

I'd like my refund and we'll take our chances somewhere else. He provides me a refund for one night. I told him it should be for both since the room last night was not acceptable, but was all they could provide AND his night manager told us there would be no charge. He says it's like eating at a restaurant and then not paying after you eat all the meals.

We had a exchange of wits at that point, which end in him asking his employee to call 911 because he thinks I am yelling (which I wasn't). I walk out in utter disbelief, like I have walked into another universe. I tell my wife the news. She grabs our 12 month old and goes back to ask for the refund, she believes that perhaps I may have come across poorly.

She explains to the manager again that we were told last night the night manager said we wouldn't be charged for the smoking room they gave us and that the other room is not acceptable. He does the same thing to her as he does to me, tells the employee to call 911. My wife, unfazed, tells him he is being unreasonable. This is the point in the experience that is still unreal....he says to her, at the top of his lungs, with a room full of breakfast eaters just around the corner to "GET THE F*%K OUT OF MY MOTEL".

Mind blown. We leave the lobby, get in the car and go over to the Holiday Inn for the rest of our time in Bend.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of days inn room from Days Inn. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Days Inn to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Days Inn for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Redmond, Oregon, United States #1254217

PITIFUL TO LIE TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK SO INNOCENT. MAY YOUR CHILDREN GROW UP BETTER THAN THAT.

Los Angeles, California, United States #1228763

So you smoke and are complaining that the room smells of smoke. Seriously now, its obvious you just want a free room and the hotel knows it. It's very likely you never requested a non-smoking room and just said you did upon arrival to get a free room...

to Anonymous Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1228997

I could care less about the smoking, I am more concerned that he hit his son for telling the truth

Los Angeles, California, United States #1228758

If you used a credit card for the transaction, do a "charge-back" with your credit card company.

to Anonymous Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1228761

Look at his update he changes his story from getting a non smoking room to smoking in the balcony and hitting his son when he told the truth. The point is if it is a non smoking room he should not be smoking anywhere including the balcony.

Markham, Ontario, Canada #1228756

Oh and the worst part if that I was not smoking in the room, only on the balcony. My son told them I was smoking in the room and I started yelling at him and hitting him.

He threatened to call 911 when I was discipling my older son.

The people in the next room lied and said that I was smoking and the smell was fresh. I want a refund because I was told only a non smoking room was available and they never told me about a smoking room being cancelled.

to Anonymous Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1228760

People like you should not be allowed to have children.