Rockingham, North Carolina

Related: Days Inn - Bed bugs

Me and my girlfriend the room was booked in her and stayed in the Days Inn at Cornelius Lake Norman NC room 152 from the 6/9/2016 to 6/10/2016 and here is a list if what we had to put up with. We booked it through Hotwire and will be letting them know as the rooms they put out have to be up to a certain standard.

1. No large towels only hand towels

2. TV not tuned in to most channels

3. A cockroach was just stuck crushed to the wall

4. The toilet was coming off the floor as we'll as been backed up we could not use it all night

5. Major damp above bathroom door

6. Room not clean majority of stuff not working

7. When told night staff about the toilet his answer was we can check out

I have pictures of everything I will be sending to Hotwire and what ever counts as a hotel standards council in the US when I find what it is as I am from the UK. This was going to be my email to Days Inn but they don't have one as I waited over 30 mins on the phone trying to get through to know avail.

Review about: Days Inn Cornelious Lake Norman Nc.

1.5
Quality of Accommodation
Facilities and Services
Cleanliness
Quality of Food
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Days Inn?

Comments

JonSnow
Caledonia, Michigan, United States #1171453

I can feel your pain...unfortunately, you being from the UK you were probably unaware, but there are certain chains of hotels many people (myself included) just won't stay in at all, no matter how cheap.

Day's Inns are up towards the top of that "no stay" list, although yours was a little worse than the norm for them even. If you are staying in the future and looking for economical, yet less expensive hotels, might I suggest checking out the Choice Hotels (Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn etc.

but usually avoid Econolodge and Rodeway Inns) although you do have to do your reading on reviews as even those can have their occasional bad apple.Good luck in the future.